Mowing Crew Leader
Work includes managing a small crew by prioritizing projects, assigning work tasks, use standard landscaping equipment, maintaining records, monitoring and ensuring work product and schedules with highest quality. Crew leader shall also ensure safety, training, mentoring of their team and provide management employee performance feedback. The crew leader shall participate in performing various landscaping and horticultural functions, and equipment operation. Employee may be responsible for procurement of materials, completing work orders, and electronic record-keeping for each project. Work subjects the employee to outside environmental conditions, extremes in temperatures, and hazards associated with equipment operation including fumes, oils, gases. Employee must be able to safely lift 70 lbs. Work is supervised by the executive management team.
The Mowing Crew Leader position is responsible for managing and completing with the highest quality the daily production schedule for assigned customers, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a crew of 2-3 employees
- Participate in the execution of all work orders in the highest degree of quality with crew members
- Consistent updates with management using our communication processes
- Actively educate crew members in proper landscaping practices
- Properly document expenses for all jobs
- Maintains assigned equipment and reports deficiencies to field supervisor
- Operates all equipment and vehicles and a safe manner
- Always interacts with clients and vendors with a professional and positive demeanor.
- Instruct employees in proper work methods and standards; monitor crew work quality; insure adherence to time schedules and safe work practices, provide performance feedback and input into performance reviews.
- High School Diploma
- Current Valid Driver’s License and ability to pass a background check.
- Must have experience driving landscaping/mowing truck and trailer properly
- Has ability to create/read/execute basic field reports/directions
- Must speak Fluent English, bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Ability to use/learn company provided smartphone and applications
- Working knowledge of leadership skills including communications, motivation, and performance feedback. lead a small crew and inspire confidence. 1 year of Landscaping experience required.
- Advanced skill in the operation of landscaping equipment, tools, and instruments used for assigned work areas. Experience with Snow Plowing a plus (winter work)
- Crew Leader must always participate in “stand-by” status during natural disasters or inclement weather conditions and be available to change schedule on moment’s notice.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly Pay Range: $16 – $20 per hour
- Overtime (time and half extra/hours)
- Healthcare Stipend
- Performance Bonuses