Beginning in early April and continuing through November, with approx. 25-30 mows (annual avg. is 28 cuts), A Cut Above will maintain the ideal lawn height of 2 ¾” to 4”. To ensure quality, all mower blades are sharpened daily. Turf areas will be mowed with walk-behind and/or riding mowers.
- String Trimmer: Along with regular mowing, A Cut Above will trim around the “hard to reach areas” like flower beds, fence lines, sidewalks, walls, and trees
- Edging: In conjunction with mowing, A Cut Above will edge all sidewalks, curbs, driveways, and walkways. All debris from edging will be blown clean from all affected hard surfaces
- Blowing: All grass clippings that are not recycled back into your lawn for nutrients will be blown off of driveway, patio, sidewalk, curbs, and walkways
Weather being the largest factor, including our annual start date
April-June: every 6-10 days
July-August: every 7-14 days (drier climate)
September-October: every 7-10 days
November: every 7-14 days
Lawn Fertilizer Applications
Each application is has a slightly different mixture of ingredients to compensate for current weather conditions.
Here’s a breakdown of the ingredients we use:
- Fertilizer – Provides all turf areas with the proper nutrients to thrive
- Soil Amendment – Holganix combines a highly evolved and concentrated compost tea with active bio-nutrients to naturally promote beautiful green lawn growth
- Weed Control – Eliminates weeds within turf areas
- Pre-emergent – Helps prevent selective weeds from germinating within all turf areas
- Grub Control – Kills subterranean insects that feed on grass roots
We use professional aerating equipment for this service and use high quality seed from local suppliers.
More about the service:
- Walk-behind Aerator
- Tow-behind Aerator
- Target depth of 2”-3” core plug
- 4lbs of Certified Tall Fescue Blend seed per 1,000 sqft of turf applied
- Professional grade spreaders used for seed application
- Any spillover will be cleared with commercial grade blowers
The crew applies a granular lime with a walk behind spreader. The goal is to keep soil ph levels between 6.0 and 7.0
Our teams will apply fresh compost soil to turf area for a much needed nutrient boost. We only use compost soil that’s loaded with fresh nutrients.
More about the service:
- Compost certified by US Composting Council
- Applied depth of ¼”-1”, depending on current soil conditions
- Commercial blowers to clean-up any spillover onto asphalt or concrete areas
Available as an add-on to Lawn Fertilizer Program
- Cleanup and bag all leaves, small branches, and debris from the lawn and flower bed areas
- Weeding of all flowerbeds
- Granular pre-emergent herbicide applied to minimize future weed growth (Spring service only)
- Prune and shear shrubs and hedges
- Trimming of ornamental grasses
- Cut bed edges to a depth of 2-3”
- Installation of double shredded hardwood mulch
- Disposal of organic debris
- Cleanups do not include trimming of any shrubs/hedges/trees over 12′ tall
Fall service does not include leaf removal or pre-emergent
Winter service does not include mulch or pre-emergent and is intended to cleanup loose debris throughout lawn (not a replacement for leaf removal)
Bed-weeding service maintains weed growth in flower beds in-between Landscape Cleanup visits. Our team hand pulls as many weeds as possible and uses weed killer if needed. This service is part of the Deluxe Cleanup Program.
Trimming of all shrubs and hedges less than 12′ tall. Please note that certain plants should not be trimmed prior to bloom and the crew will determine on-site if any are to be skipped.
Leaf Removal Service is offered during November and December, and sometimes into early January if needed. We offer two options “To the Curb Only” and “Removal & Disposal”. A Cut Above recommends 2 visits during that time-frame.
- Leaf Removal “To the Curb Only” leaves are blown to the curb
and not bagged.
- Leaf Removal “Removal and Disposal” leaves are sucked up into
our vacuum and taken for disposal
- Commercial grade backpack blowers/walk behind blowers
- Professional leaf vacuum equipped with a truck and/or trailer